Los Angeles, CA, August 25, 2009 – After pitting its expertise against a playing field of six top-notch industry rivals, Par Avion (www.paravion-inc.com) emerged victorious with a multiple-year contract to handle the convention housing programs for the American Water Works Association (AWWA).
The AWWA is the world’s most renowned resource for information and advocacy to improve water quality and supply in North America and beyond. It is the oldest and largest organization for water professionals and boasts a membership of 60,000 people from 130 countries across the globe. In fact, these members are responsible for the safe drinking water of approximately 85% of the U.S. populace.
Par Avion will spearhead the convention housing programs for up to eight AWWA conferences and exhibitions each year.
According to Dina Werkmeister in AWWA Conferences & Exhibit Services, “There were numerous factors that distinguished Par Avion from the competition.” The AWWA was especially impressed by their:
- Philosophy – Par Avion’s mission is rooted in providing the highest quality customer service.
- Experience – As a travel agency, Par Avion only employs Certified Travel Counselors to handle the arrangements of AWWA convention-goers
- Quality Control – A 75-point checklist ensures the flawless execution of AWWA’s housing program
- Customer Satisfaction – Par Avion hasn’t had a “former” client in more than a decade.
- Technological Savvy – Par Avion expertly utilizes the Passkey system.
- Onsite Call Center – AWWA conference participants will receive concierge-style customer service that is personalized for the brand and has extended hours to accommodate multiple time zones.
Par Avion’s “overall presentation was extremely professional and we felt they value their clients,” said Werkmeister. “We had a team of five people evaluating the presentations, and overwhelmingly all five rated Par Avion as a company AWWA would like to be associated with.”
“We are thrilled that our expertise and track record put us over-the-top with the AWWA selection committee,” commented Par Avion’s President & CEO Toby Brenner. “It will be an honor to handle the housing program for such an impressive organization.”
About Par Avion
Par Avion Meetings and Conventions was founded in 1984 to meet the demand for a flexible, high-quality, one-stop housing and travel shop. Its services include: convention housing and travel, meetings and incentive trips, tour group excursions and corporate travel. Nearly a quarter of a century later, Par Avion is a leading service provider in the hospitality industry.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Par Avion’s convention housing programs extend to virtually every first and second tier market on the continent while its incentive travel and tours take clients around the world.
For more information about Par Avion, visit www.paravion-inc.com or call (800) 927-8137.